LPG Cylinders are one of the most essential parts of the kitchen used in almost every household. A domestic LPG cylinder owner needs proper maintenance and some precautions must be taken while handling and using them. There have been instances of these cylinders malfunctioning, which can prove fatal. To safeguard your family and yourself from any sort of mishappening, regular maintenance of such cylinders is necessary.
Keep Your Home Safe With These LPG Cylinder Maintenance Tips:
There are a few maintenance tips if followed can be of great help to ensure overall household safety.
- Purchase from trusted brands: Just like you hire the best professional to service your car and the best companies that you choose for all the products. A domestic LPG cylinder should also only be bought from trusted brands. Many small and sophisticated components are used in these cylinders and to ensure that all of these fittings are of high-class material, the top-notch companies follow a pre-defined protocol from a regulatory authority. This will ensure high-quality cylinders which make leakage very difficult to take place and is long-lasting as well.
- Check For Damages: Before accepting new a domestic LPG cylinder, make sure that you physically check for any damages and ensure that all the seals are in place. You have all the rights to return any cylinder that you find defective or you feel that its seal has been tampered with.
- Take Note of Ventilation: Make sure you keep your kitchen ventilated if you use these cylinders. Ventilation keeps your kitchen safe seven in case of minor leaks and prevents harmful gases from accumulating inside the kitchen.
- Use The Best Quality Regulators And Other Accessories: It is strongly advised to only use accessories and regulators of the best quality. Generally, the fault occurs due to faulty or cheap regulators. Regulators are the connecting pipes and knobs between your cylinder and stove and that is why they are of high importance. Use only the best quality regulators to ensure high quality of safety as well.
- Regular maintenance is important: Apart from using the best quality products, cleaning and maintaining them is also of vital importance. This is the very reason that almost every safety engineer in this field and firefighters lay great emphasis on educating the masses about the maintenance of such cylinders and stoves.
- Keep a tab on the smallest components: An essential part of domestic LPG cylinder maintenance is to keep checking the valve pin, hose, and pipes for any defects or breakage to curtail any further damage which may lead to a disaster.
Steps To Take If You Have A Leak In Your Domestic LPG Cylinder:
If anybody, suspect a leak in your domestic LPG cylinder, the first thing to do is to completely stop using it and open all the available windows and doors to allow maximum ventilation inside the kitchen. Try and turn off the main supply point, which the near the valve in most of the cylinders. If in case it catches fire then immediately evacuate the premises and call the emergency services.
It is strictly advised not to keep flammable items near your cylinder. Also, you should make sure that you keep things made out of plastic away from your cylinders as they also catch fire pretty instantly. You should also avoid keeping electrical appliances near domestic LPG cylinders.
At the end of the day, LPG cylinders are something that is widely used in almost every household and by street vendors as well. It is an essential kitchen supply but some basic maintenance tips should also be followed. These cylinders are made keeping in mind all the possible things that may go wrong and the chances of anything happening is also extremely low.
Keep in mind all the points discussed above and live tension free if you are using domestic LPG cylinders at your place. Also, avoid DIY projects on a domestic LPG cylinder and only hire a professional if you need one. These are only tips to keep your cylinder maintained and one should not confuse it by repairing it.