A farmhouse living room is one of the most popular home décor styles. It has a cozy, rustic feel that’s perfect for smaller homes and apartments. The best part about this design is how versatile it can be. From white walls and light wood floors to colorful accents, there are so many ways to make your own farmhouse-style living room. Here are some of our favorite designs:
- Neutral-toned modern farmhouse living room
- Cozy farmhouse living room with a pop of color
- Farmhouse living room with brick fireplace
- A mix of antiques in the farmhouse living room
- Farmhouse living room with white accents
Neutral-toned modern farmhouse living room
Choose neutral-toned furniture and décor. Neutral colors like grey, beige, white, and brown are easy to pair with other elements of the room. Grey modern farmhouse living room also keeps your design cohesive by making it easier to mix up your décor without having everything clash.
Use lots of natural light. Soft lighting is great for making a space feel cozy and inviting. But not if it’s too dim or dark. Natural light can offer both ambient illumination (the soft glow that fills an entire room) as well as task lighting (the focused beam that illuminates an object or area).
Choose a neutral rug. If anything has been proven over time, it’s this. Rugs aren’t just for keeping our feet warm in winter anymore. Their role extends far beyond just cushioning our toes from cold floors. They’re also used as color blocks within interior designs. Which helps make them stand out from other aspects such as flooring materials like hardwood or tile. Or even walls painted in bold shades like reds, oranges, yellows, greens, etc.
Cozy farmhouse living room with a pop of color
A neutral color scheme is a great way to create a cozy farmhouse living room. However, it’s also important to add pops of color for visual interest. A rug can help achieve this effect by adding a pattern or texture that makes your space feel more interesting and inviting. If you don’t have room for an actual rug, try placing plants around the room instead!
Artwork is another great way to add interest without overwhelming the space with furniture or accessories. Choose pieces that appeal to you in size and scale. If your artwork isn’t too large or small compared to other elements in your living room. It will make those elements stand out more without appearing out of place or awkward.
Farmhouse living room with brick fireplace
- Brick fireplace
- Walls painted in a neutral color like white or grey
- White furniture, such as a couch and chair
- Rug on the floor
- The pendant light above the fireplace
A mix of antiques in the farmhouse living room
A mix of luxury and modern pieces is a great way to add character to your living room. Modern luxury furniture can be bought at luxury furniture stores. You can also find them online. By repurposing luxury furniture, you will be able to create an eclectic look for your farmhouse living room that adds interest without being too overbearing.
Farmhouse living room with white accents
You can create a bright farmhouse living room by using white furniture, walls, and accents. White rugs, curtains, and pillows will help your space feel clean and modern. For accessories in this style, there are many options that work well with white furniture. We love the look of white serving bowls or trays paired with fresh fruit or vegetables on top!
How to make your own farmhouse-style living room?
There are so many ways to make your own farmhouse-style living room. Here are a few of our favorite design ideas:
- Use neutral colors: White and grey are a perfect way to achieve the look you’re going for without making it look to country.
- Add antiques: They will add character and life to your space, which is exactly what this design style is all about.
- Use a brick fireplace: This traditional touch can bring together all of the other aspects we discussed above, giving you a warm and inviting focal point that brings everything together nicely.
- Mix old with new furniture: They feel more like they fit into the room than if they were all brand new or antique-looking on their own. It helps keep things balanced while still feeling comfortable overall (and gives off an air of sophistication).
These farmhouse living room designs are sure to inspire you. There are so many ways to make your own farmhouse-style living room. With just a few simple touches and a little bit of creativity, anyone can have that perfect country cottage look in their home!